Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hannah-isms

Today in the car, I was singing a song really loudly. Hannah shouted, "STOP SINGING!" I asked her why and she said, "Because. I still love you, but you need to stop singing."

*********************************************************************

As we were sitting in the car (later in the day), Hannah was talking pretty much non-stop. I wasn't paying much attention to her until she shouted, "MOM!! Turn on your listening ears!!"

*********************************************************************

Hannah told me that she was going to "wish" for more dog toys for our dog. I said, "Go ahead and wish for them, then." She said, "Okay. How you wish for them is: you say, 'Dear God' and then you ask for them." I asked her if she meant to say 'praying' instead of 'wishing' and she said no. Then, she showed me: she closed her eyes, folded her hands and said, "Dear God, I wish for some new dog toys for my dog, Jack. Amen." Hmmm....might have to teach Hannah that praying isn't like throwing a penny in a wishing well!!

No comments: