....and I'm loving it! Chris joked yesterday that I must have forgotten that I even have a blog since it's been so long since I posted. Well, I'll tell you that I did not forget---just got too busy!! Our days lately have been filled with a lot of planning: Caleb started karate, he is practicing to play "Francis Scott Key" in his school program later this month, and I've been trying to plan a play date for him and his friends at least once a week. Poor guy doesn't get to see his MOMS Club friends any more so we invited one of them over last week. What did those two 5-year old boys do the whole time?? Play with their hand-held Nintendos the whole time!! I really had a "my baby is growing up too fast" moment that day as I watched them talking about who was going to win the races on Mario Kart and who was going to get to the next level. I also just signed him up for his kindergarten "readiness" class that he'll take at his new school in August. (That will be here before we know it!!)
Hannah is excited to start dance in the fall and she has been accompanying me as we run lots of errands and go to lots of MOMS Club events lately. In the past couple days, she has said this line quite a few times: "I can do it MYSELF!!!" Unfortunately, she usually adds a holler with it, which was quite amusing to the Target employees yesterday as my 3-year old shouted while hanging off the side of the shopping cart. Some other patrons got a giggle in the ladies room a little bit later when Hannah wouldn't unlock the bathroom stall because she wanted to do everything herself. (There was several minutes of "No, Hannah, unlock the door. Right now! I'm going to count to three...") One lady even informed me that the strong personality of a three-year old does get better but then gets worse again when they turn 13. Great! At least Hannah will pair the strong-willed moments with funny ones lately. During the same Target trip yesterday, she was complaining that I wouldn't buy her "anything" (you know, because I wouldn't get her the new toy, the fruit snacks OR the new dress she asked for....). Finally, we walked past the lingerie department of the store and Hannah surprised me by saying in a wistful voice, "I wish I had a bra like you." Soon enough, my dear, soon enough. But not too soon, of course!!
Connor is almost 4-months old and quite a big guy!! He is officially sleeping through the night, in my opinion. He might wake up to eat at 5:30am, 6:30am or 7am, but considering that he goes to sleep at 8pm, he's doing excellent. His 4-month well check-up is next week so I'll give you an update on how much he weighs and such then, however, I can warn you that I'm sure they will tell me that he weighs 20 pounds. He's not very chubby, just "made out of bricks", as I like to say. We had his pictures taken at the end of March and just got them back, so everyone who is expecting pictures should see some soon!
Chris is working on the basement again so I can officially say that I'm a "basement finishers widow". He gets home from work and his mind is all about what to do next downstairs. It's gotten a little slow these past couple of days since the kids jump on him as soon as he walks through the door, begging and pleading for him to take them outside so they can ride their bikes in the cul-de-sac. The plumber came by this morning to finish the rough-ins for the bar area (which we probably won't finish until next year). This just brings us one step closer to sheet-rocking and that will really make the space feel usable.
Well, this sounded like an "end of the year" Christmas letter, didn't it? That's what happens when I get too busy to update. Just don't think that I forgot all about you---I'm just busy juggling my crazy life! :)
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I bet my mom agrees with the lady in the Target bathroom that said "the strong personality gets better then gets worse again when they are 13!" :)
Post a Comment