Hannah just asked if she could "get a pet". She said, "I want to get a zebra baby."
Me: "An actual zebra baby? I don't think that's going to work out too well."
Hannah: "It's okay. We'll find a mommy zebra and when she sees me, she'll say 'you can have one of my babies'. So then we'll have a zebra baby for a pet!"
Everything is SO logical to a three-year old.
***********************************************
Lately, Hannah has been telling me and everyone else that she's a grown-up now. My favorite is when she tells me, "I'm a grown-up now, but I still can't drink wine."
***********************************************
Even grown-ups say funny things sometimes. I was at my last MOPS meeting last week. It was a dress-up affair since they were having the brunch catered and everything was set up fancier than usual. I put on a dress that I got last year when Chris and I were going to New York City. I knew that I didn't look as good in it as I did when I wore it last, but since it was a dress with lots of ruffles, I thought it looked pretty good. I paired it with a cardigan and some high high heels (yes, I did say "high" twice). I was lookin' good, in my mind, which hasn't happened lately with me trying to lose this baby weight. Anyhoo, I got to the brunch and several of my friends commented on how great I looked. Still feeling great, I stepped into the coffee line. The woman standing in front of me was a nice lady whom I don't know very well. From my observation, she is quite shy and doesn't often talk to people she doesn't know. She turned to me and you could tell she wanted to make conversation, with this being our last meeting and all. Finally, she said very sweetly, "When are you due?"
"Excuse me?" I asked.
She indicated towards my belly and repeated, "When are you due?"
"Oh.....I actually already had a baby a few months ago...." There's nothing like THAT question to bring you down when you're feeling fabulous! Luckily, the poor lady was much more embarrassed than I was and I found myself consoling HER and trying to make HER feel right about the conversation. At least I could laugh about it right away instead of sulking around, but I'll certainly not be wearing that dress again any time soon!! :)
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment